From:
Terry Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:22:00 -0600
I'm only a second year beekeeper with three hives comprised of  two deep
brood boxes and medium honey supers.  I have found that I am so
intimidated by "dismantling" the bee hive that I do not tend to the
brood nest as I should.  I think the long hive system will be of benefit
in this respect.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to convert from my deep
Langstroth brood boxes
over to the medium depth long hive body?  The long hive body plan that I
am going to use has an attached bottom (as in a casket box) and is
designed to hold the standard-type frames (ABJ January 2000 Dr. Bob
Horr).    I was already planning to do splits in the spring, but can't
quite work through the process of how to do this conversion.

I have looked in the archives but don't find this specific conversion
addressed.  I think there was mention of it a few months ago on this
list but at that time I wasn't even considering doing this.  I would
appreciate any ideas you could offer.

Patty Reynolds
Stover, MO   (central missouri)