From:
Michael Traynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:41:27 -0500
Hi Bob,

Bob's Post:

I watched an interesting program tonight on PBS concerning venom collected
from around the world ... Cures for many diseases were being found such as forms
of brain cancer and pain relief. ....Insect venom was never talked about.

National Geographic has done a special on bee venom used to treat
arthritis. The program was based on work carried out in Asia, as few
doctors seem interested in the research in the U.S.A. The documentary
showed a woman, who was completely crippled by arthritis to such a
degree that she was bedridden. Her husband started treating her with bee
venom stings and she regained the use of her legs. She was so excited
because she was able to stand up and cook for her family again. They
also showed many other examples, but that is the one I remember most
clearly.

Bob's Post:

I have got no arthritis. Bee venom????? My doctor and I have had this discussion about arthritis and bee stings. He had me blood tested for arthritis to prove his point.

I know bee venom is used extensively to treat arthritis, especially in
other countries outside of the USA. From what I understand doctors in
the USA cannot prescribe it, since bee venom does not come in a
measurable dose.

Bee venom is also used extensively to treat MS patients. This is more
common than using it for arthritis in the USA, because unlike arthritis,
there are no effective pills on the market to treat the MS symptoms.
There is a woman livng near Annapolis. Her name is Pat Wagner. She has
been suffering from MS since 1970. She tried eveything from chemo and
radiation to intensive surgery to relieve some of her pain. She was
wheelchair bound when she befriended Charlie Mraz, whose book on bee
venom therapy (Health and the honey bee) is very easy to digest. Since
Pat Wagner started bee venom therapy she is walking again. I believe her
story was featured on national television. Her website is:
http://www.olg.com/beelady/

I have just received the prestigious German Chancellor Grant to study
the cultural history, medicinal benefits and honey marketing of the
German beekeeping industry. This grant is normaly awarded to potential
leaders with backgrounds in politics, journalism, academia, etc. I
believe this is the first time it has ever been awarded for apian
research. I will be based at the largest bee institute in Germany in the
historic town of Celle for one year. I hope to learn a great deal about
the myriad medicinal health benefits of beehive products while I am
there, as Germans seem to have a greater appreciation for holistic
healing. I will be happy to keep you informed of my research. If you or
anyone else is aware of any scientific article about the benefits of
beehive products, I would be interested in learning about them. I am
interested in directing my research in Germany for the benefit of the
American beekeeping industry. Any suggestions or comments are welcomed.
You may contact me directly via [log in to unmask]

All the best,
Kirsten Traynor
www.mdbee.com