From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 06:39:47 -0500
David Eyre wrote:
> I couldn't, and still don't understand what the genetics of the
> queen has to do with a spore disease. That's a bit like suggesting
> the re-queening of a hive suffering with foul brood, a waste of time.

It's really quite simple and being borne out more and more in current
research into hygenic strains of bees.  The more hygenic, the more likely
are the bees to remove infected brood and the less likely is the disease
(chalkbrood and AFB in this case) to reach a problematic level.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!