Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:36:55 -0400
At 09:48 AM 8/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>THOM BRADLEY; ARCHITECTS
>  I am glad to see you respond.  You have very good opinions write real
>well.
>  If I hire your achitect and get him to draw up a set of house plans
>for your area and take those house plans to Ga.  and hire the best
>builders I can find and and get them  to build the house in GA. put the
>house on a truck and ship it back to your area the house should do very
>well their I would think.
>BUD

Sure,  if I take some fine Florida Queens up to Canada and use them to
breed new queens in the short season available to me, I can take the
offspring back to Florida and they will do just fine. However, most of the
queens I leave in Canada will not shut down brood fast enough once winter
arrives and the hives will be in trouble. Many of the races of bees we use
are from a more "south" than "north" climate and need to be selected for
doing well in the "north"

Too be sure, where I raised them made no difference, in this case. Of
course if you are going to need queens in say November you had better be in
South Florida! But I do not know of (m)any queen breeders that are
migratory so getting bees from a good quality breeder in your area is going
to be a safe bet.

Having said all of this, since winter is not as much of a problem in the
South I would not have a problem with a good quality queen from Canada at
all, Italian that is.