From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:16:03 -0500
Beekeepers:
Barry Sergeant had this to say among other things:

>This is hardly a forum for counting body bags, or similar, but allow me
to quote some references on US bee attacks from long ago; long
before the AHB arrived in the US.

If I may wade in with a couple of pennies worth of comment--wasn't there a
discussion in the not too distant past right here on Bee-L about the New
England beekeeper killed by honey bees that were not AHB? Yes, I think it
was finally determined to be a heart attack or similar cause. Still, his
bees had attacked him, hadn't they? Who hasn't kept bees for a while and
had the rare surprising virulent attacks from their *docile* non AHB bees?
I certainly have. It happens.

Regards,
Dick