From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:17:34 -0700
>For the second consecutive year I have treated in January with Oxalic, May

> and June with thymol, and August with formic.  Seems to be preventing hive
> collaspe, but I no longer have hives capable of producing 5 supers of comb
> honey.

Thanks Lloyd.  I also don't see the crops of yesteryear.  But just
yesterday received photos from a  Midwestern long-term treatment-free
beekeeper with supers full of bees and honey stacked to the sky!  Will
check back on his winter survival.  I'm having trouble making sense of it
all.

We'd all love to go treatment free, but for most of us who've tried, we
suffered unacceptable losses.  I continue to attempt to learn what it is
that allows some treatment-free beekeepers to do so well.  I'm not seeing
many common threads other than splitting and breeding from survivors, both
of which make common sense.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA