From:
Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:32:49 EDT
I am in the woods and fields daily and in Ky, USA, there are many ticks and
at least 3 varieties of them.  I find ticks on me almost daily from March to
November and sustain 8 or more bite each week.  The tiny "Deer Tick" is the
worst and can cover you with 100 at a time.  Difficult to remove because they
are hard to see.
Lyme Disease is here but not very common.  I am more concerned about Rocky
Mountian Spotted Fever.  It is more prevelant.
I spray my clothes and check often for ticks but they still get me.  All I
can do is shower often and keep a sharp eye out for any symptoms.
I am sure that very many people share this problem on this list.