From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:22:20 -0500
Hello All,
I thank Barry for his honest update on his project.  All I was looking for
was a update.  The small cell discussion seemed to have a life of its own
and now Bill has given it a new life!
I truthfully walk a middle road in the small cell debate.   Small cell has
seemed rational enough and the auguments for by Barry and others have been
convincing.   The amount of work involved plus expense of changing comb has
made me to look to other ways of non chemical varroa control but still like
to keep a eye on the reports coming from the small cell camp.
I applaud Dee & Ed Lusby, Barry Birkey, John Sewel (IBL) and others for
trying to resolve the small cell question.  I believe if you are trying to
only use IPM methods then you have to consider using small cell.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri
Ps. Before we trash the small cell encampment what things are each of us
doing to prepare for the days when varroa is totally uneffected by our
chemicals (should the day happen)?