From:
DONALD M CAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:02:51 -0400
Hi Peter and all,

I have been following this string on the gloves, and just like the rest of
you, I would get stung on the hands if I did not wear any.
I had some success wetting my hands with a mix of apple cider vinegar and a
little Fischer's Bee-Quick. This mix does a good job of keeping them off the
hands!

If I'm really going to tear a hive apart even the mix would help. --- I
found a good disposable glove made out of rubber latex. The gloves are blue
and  come in a box of 50.
The gloves are  high-risk, powder-free textured exam gloves used by many EMS
and Fire Departments.  If the bees are really pissed they will sting the
gloves, the stingers usually get embedded in the glove and just miss you
skin.  When finished they are cheap enough to be thrown away..

Happy beekeeping,

Don
Mohegan Lake, NY