From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 22:25:32 -0500
Attention Maryland Beekeepers and our neighbors!

     The Maryland Dept of Natural Resources is reviewing their policy
concerning Black Bear Depredation (DNR Circular #90-501).

     A Black Bear Citizens Task Force was formed and met in July, August and
September to review the policy and make recommendations.  The Maryland State
Beekeepers Association was a participant in the Task Force.  Public meetings
will now be held for the general public to comment on the recommendations.
  The doors open at 6:00 p.m. for public review of displays and literature.
 Hearings begin at 6:30 p.m. The schedule for the meetings will be:

Nov 2, 1995, Thursday
Northern High School,  Accident MD.
Directions:  From I-68 take Exit 14.  Go South on Rt 219  from Keyser's
Ridge.  Go approx 4 miles to the school on the right.

Nov 6, 1995, Monday
Dulaney High School, 255 Padonia Rd.  Timonium, MD
Directions:  From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) take I-83 North.  Exit at
Padonia Road.  Turn right onto Padonia Road.  The school is on the right ,
just past the Memorial Gardens, approx 1/2 mile from York Road.

Nov 14, 1995, Tuesday
Easton National Guard, Easton MD
Directions:  The Armory is located on Westbound U.S. Rt 50 just North of the
Maryland State Police Barracks.

Nov 16, 1995, Thursday
Annapolis Senior High School,  2700 Riva Road,  Annapolis  MD
Directions:  From U.S. Rt 50, take Exit 22 (Rt 665) Riva Road.  Go South on
Riva Road for approx 1 mile.  The school is on the right just past the
Arundel Olympic Swim Center.

Written comments will be accepted until November 20, by writing to:
Mr. Joshua L. Sandt,
DNR Wildlife Division Director
580 Taylor Ave.
Annapolis,  MD 21401

     I encourage all beekeepers to attend these hearings to support the
beekeepers of western Maryland.

Thank you,
David Morris, President
Maryland State Beekeepers Assn