From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:27:27 -0800
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:My doctor and I have had this discussion about arthritis and bee stings. He had my blood tested for arthritis to prove his point. The test came back negative. He then said not because of bee stings but because arthritis jumped a generation. ?????

Bob
    Think he put his blinders on.  Both my mother and one of my sisters had to have their hands operated on to open them up because of the crippling arthritis had caused.  I have some knots on the distil joint on all eight of my fingers.  Two fingers on each hand have the distil joint canted inwards.  But, and a big but, I have full use of my hands and fingers.  I touch type using all ten of my digits and on occasion can type very rapidly.  There is only very infrequent discomfort in my fingers (like once every two to three years).  I can only present anecdotal evidence, but firmly believe that the little ladies have arrested the development of arthritis in my hands by their occasional stings.  I AM a firm believer.

Mike in LA