From:
"Sevigny, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:04:52 -0400
What is the best method for getting the queen back down
into the brood chambers?

My hive was honey-bound several weeks ago, and I "bottom
super"ed without an excluder.  I am now paying the price.

Tomorrow, I'll be removing two medium honey supers for extraction.
(They are above the super in which the queen is laying).  The remainder
of the frames in the honey super with the queen have some capped,
some brood, and some nectar.  Do I just leave the supoer with the queen
alone and hope that she'l eventually move down?

I fear that the brood chambers will become honey bound and the
queen might not descend since much of the brood chambers are
filled with honey....

Thanks for advice on managing this problem.