From:
peter dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 23:51:00 +0100
Dear All,
If you remember, I posted a message several weeks back relating to
problems with Sunflowers and the associated honey crop in France.
At that time I was hoping with fingers crossed that the problems that we
have had during the last few years would not be repeated.
They have, and the crop in our area is once again a failure.
Further field trials are taking place to try and prove if the culprit is
the molecule 'imidaclopride', found as a seed treatment for such crops
as Wheat, Barley, Maize, Beet and in the recent past, Sunflowers.
It appears that this molecule is starting to make its commercial career
in the States.
If this the case, find out what toxicological tests have been made
regarding bees.
Is it considered safe?
Does it deter bees from working the sunflower crop?
How long has it been stated how long it remains in the soil after
application ?
What are the considered effects of the breakdown products from the
molecule?
Look up- http://apiservices.com/galerie/new.htm
Best wishes
Peter.