From:
T'N'T Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:27:00 -0700
I would like to know if anyone uses or has used horizontal finishers as
discribed in "Breeding Queen" by Gilles Fert.?  My partner looks after the
queen rearing and thought the idea has some merit.  Pros and cons please.

Also, our queen yard is now 1 1/2 miles from our home base. Has anyone any
experience buillding a small grafting shed?  Something no bigger than 8' X
10'-12', as we can only have it there for a couple months and then it must
come home.  I have some ideas for a layout but maybe some of you may have
been down this road before.  She has been producing a couple thousand cells
annually from the cab of a pickup so we may have to install a steering wheel
at the grafting station, but ....

David Tharle
TNT Apiaries
Ardmore, AB
Where spring came about a month early and this may not be a good thing.