Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 18:25:44 PST
Hello Gang,

The temperature went up to 36.4 yesterday and afforded a four hour
window of opportunity for bee chores. After a 21 day scourge of
near zero and below zero temps, this was a great relief.

I fed a pollen/BeePro/sugar pattie to each hive.
Most of the hives look really good. I am glad I prepared the
patties early. Four hours is not a lot of time and I had only
two of them available to me. The bees were flying when I
got back home from church, so I quickly shoveled enough snow
to get through electric fence, which is not in operation now.

The maple tree buds are swelling, and looking like early spring.
I would appreciate a bloom report from the east coast southern areas.
I watched this last year and spring progressed up the coast four
weeks early. Beekeepers in the south could provide an excellent
service for the frozen chosen here in New England. It would be very
helpful in guessing the first bloom here.

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, NH. USA

01/31/99 18:25:44