From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:45:40 -0500
> People speak and write quite glibly
> about AHB -- as if we all know exactly what AHB is -- but what exactly is
> AHB?

Hi Allen -

Good luck getting to the bottom of this one. It would seem that this most
basic definition of what makes a bee an Africanized one is cloaked in
secrecy. I have asked this question many times before on this list and no
one has ever been able to say. You are asking very important questions that
deserve an answer, especially from those that make these decisions when bees
are sent in for testing. Surely there is someone on the list that knows of
those doing the testing and could get this answer. The problem is that I
fear it is highly political and all lips are sealed, for much money is spent
on this one issue.

Regards,
Barry