From:
K&W Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:31:55 -0800
Hello to all,

I've been reading this with great interest.

I start feeding pollen sub (brewers yeast, 15% bee pollen and 77% solids
sugar syrup) in first of sept, ALL the way till Jan 1.
Right now they avg 20-25 frames, six to eight frames of brood. I put on
about four rounds of  6 pound patties. I have done this for years.All this
talk about disappearing bees is due to mainly to nutrition. Some still don't
know how to put on pollen patties. I think lately, there has been allot of "
blame game" going on about there bees. You mention Jaycox's, funny thing ,
him and my dad were roommates at U.C. Davis. Look at the A.B.J article pg
843, this is me feeding bees in late Aug because of nutrition problems. I
pull loads out of the safflower to start feeding pollen, not a normal
possess.
Just my two cents worth.
Keith Jarrett