From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:11:24 -0700
I've not found ankle stings to be more painful than those to other body
parts, but to be surprisingly more common.  The bees seem very
restrained abour stinging.  It is not uncommon for them to go up a
pantleg and to cluster on the hem of my shorts.  They seem to know where
they are, and rarely sting there.  However, whenever they go down into
my shoes, stinging is usual.  Perhaps they dislike the smell, or don't
recognize it.  One more mystery of bees.

Bill Morong