From:
JOHN ROMANIK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 02:27:57 -0400
     I just asked my friend, John Iannuzzi, why he did not
refer someone, Pat Wagner, here in Charles Co. Maryland who
was cured of MS and has an ad in the American Bee Journal
P.. 695 October issue called "How well are you willing to
bee?"  I heard her speak several times at our Maryland bee
meetings first coming in a wheel chair, then a walker, than
with no aid.  She was featured on Connie Chung a couple years
ago and on several TV news programs.  I made a copy of two
programs.  This young grandmother with an outgoing
personality said she was bedridden paying hundreds of dollars
every week or so for medicine that did her no good until she
took the suggestion of the regional bee inspector - try some
bee stings.  Some use it for arthritis. She did and felt warm
around her sting that she never felt in years.  With her
husband Ray they use the colony of bees for bee venom therapy
and last year she even got some surplus honey.  She nick
named her husband Sting Ray for being the unpaid doctor. In
the Connie Chung 20 min. section it showed dozens of people,
mostly women, coming to her house each week for bee stings -
free. Not being a doctor she can't charge and can't practice
medicine.  Some people donated some money.  Not everybody is
helped.  Even today's medicine doesn't help all with our
modern medicine.
     I used bee stings on my hurt knee - twisted in dancing.
I did it in public at the Baltimore Co. Md. annual Honey
Festival held this year on Oct. 7 & 8, 1995 after wearing 3
bee beards each day (nos. 97-103). The bees didn't sting my
face nor the women whom I kissed with the beard and gave each
a jar of honey after coming out of the screened tent.  After
removing the queen cage and "shaving" with a bee brush I
applied two or three bee stings on my right knee. My only
stings on my face were numbers 45 and 48.  I (we) forgot to
feed the honeybees with sugar syrup spray.  Jack Iannuzzi did
not apply the bees on me this year being in Ohio, but he is
the instigator of the beebeards in Md. having first seen it
in 1978 in Ohio at the EAS meeting.  Don Cooke, who was on
the cover of the Guinnes Book of records was  the one we saw
in Ohio.  Jack got Don Kolpack to be the first one who also
went to Ohio in 1980 (?) for the program "That's Incredible"
I started in 1993 at Harbor Place in Baltimore.  I couldn't
back out then with a large audience.  Now I charge money to
cover the loss of bees and work.  The novelty ran out long
ago.
     I'm typing this on P.W on ASCII.  My first a reply to
this question didn't go through.
John Romanik
   John Romanik BBKM [log in to unmask]
   Ellicott City, Maryland  USA