From:
Justin Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:43:40 +0800
Would anyone know if zinc supplements are advisable for bee keepers to
take or would it merely keep bees away?  I've read that insects are
attracted to people deficient in zinc and that an increase in zinc intake
is to help prevent bee stings.  If recommended, what would be a safe
dosage?  Also, just yesterday I got stung by a bee above my eye and my
eye is still half swollen shut  (over 30 hr. later)  When I first got
stung by bees it seemed to be no real big problem.  Then at some places
where stung (on face or arm) it  would swell up a day or two later and
took quite awhile until it was back to normal.  Could I have developed an
allergy or is this normal?

Justin Knight

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]