From:
BEE_L_Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:09:46 -0600
BEE-L is a moderated discussion list with published standards & guidelines.
Discussion covers a wide range of bee-related subjects.  Anyone with an
interest in bees is welcome to join and submit articles for consideration.

While anyone may read BEE-L, those submitting articles, by doing so,
agree that acceptance or rejection of posts to be sent to the list is at
the sole discretion of the moderators.

GUIDELINES:  BEE-L has rules that everyone who wishes to post messages to
the list must observe. Please see http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L
for details.  Failure to meet guidelines will result in rejection of your
article.

IN PARTICULAR, DO NOT INCLUDE QUOTES OF PREVIOUS
ARTICLES OR ANY PREVIOUS HEADERS WHEN REPLYING.

CONTRIBUTIONS INCLUDING QUOTES THAT ARE NOT
ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO UNDERSTANDING WILL
USUALLY BE REJECTED *WITHOUT NOTICE*

FAQ:  Our FAQ is our archive of posts running back more than a decade.
Every post that makes the list (and well over 90% do) goes into these
archives and can be easily found by a search at any time now or in the
future.  We are very pleased at the high quality and wide variety of input
from members all over the world.  Please see
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L to access the archives.

In a sense, we are writing a book together.  The BEE-L archive search
engine is much more powerful and flexible than many on the web.
Please take time to read the help page and experiment a bit.  You will
be well rewarded for your time.

BEE-L WEB PAGE:  Links to our rules, the sign-on messages and
access to our FAQ can be found in one easy-to-use page at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L.

BEFORE YOU POST OR REPLY TO BEE-L: Please visit
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L periodically to review our
guidelines and especially before posting to the list.

Please also, before posting basic questions, do a quick search of the
archives (at the same page) to see if there are answers there.  If not, or
you are not satisfied with the answers, then by all means post your
question to the list.

REJECTED AND LOST POSTS:  If you post an article to BEE-L and your article
did not appear on the list within 24 hours, you will also find information
there on what might have happened. There are more possibilities than simple
rejection by moderators.

CANCELLING AND CHANGING YOUR BEE-L SUBSCRIPTION: Easy-to-use forms to
easily and quickly change, suspend, or cancel your BEE-L membership are
available at http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L

VIRUSES AND WORMS:  BEE-L is moderated and is also text-only.  Binaries and
attachments are rejected.  The moderators also reject any SPAM that is sent
to BEE-L.  Members therefore should never receive viruses or worms from
BEE-L.

Nonetheless anyone who sends and receives email on the Internet is
vulnerable to receiving malicious programs in email from known and unknown
persons.  Therefore members are STRONGLY ADVISED to get and use two
programs: a firewall and a virus checker.

CURRENTLY RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE:

Zone Alarm is available as a free download at http://www.zonelabs.com/ for
personal use.  It is simply the best available, and simple to use.  Don't
trust the firewall built into Windows XP.  It, and many others out there
simply won't do the trick.

A personal version of AVG anti virus is available as a free download from
http://www.grisoft.com/ and it can be set to update automatically or
updated manually (for free) over the net whenever you like.

Please be sure to update your anti-virus daily so that your computer does
not get infected with new worms that come along daily, and thus  become a
nuisance to the rest of us.