From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:37:39 -0800
I segregate my honey from the different areas where I have my bee yards, and your tests confirm what I've found as well, that younger people seem to like the lighter honeys and older people prefer the darker honeys.

  I set up my table at the farmer's market and invite people to take my "taste challenge."  You would be surprised how many people step up to my table and confess they haven't had honey since they were a kid, and until they try my honey, they had no real desire to begin eating it again.

  As I tell people my honey is "local," we have some interesting discussions on what constitutes "local."  Some people will buy honey, irrespective of taste preference, if they know it comes from an area within two miles of their house.

  Why two miles?  Beats me.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO

Bored stiff? Loosen up...