From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:20:03 -0400
Hi Geoff:

There is some mention in The Hive and the Honey Bee on powdered milk and
soy flour for use as a pollen substitute in the chapter on Honey Bee
Nutrition. I found the remarks confusing. See these two posts on Bee-L.

http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0204D&L=bee-l&P=R978

http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0204D&L=bee-l&D=0&P=2983

Good luck on the pollen substitute. I've had problems getting bees to eat
the stuff. I bought some of Dadants product called ‘Brood Builder’ last
spring.  The package came with this warning:   “Discontinue using this
product if it results in too many honeybees.”  Well, there was no need for
concern as I discovered.

Regards,
Dick