From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:37:34 +0800
> The issue for some of us in rural states is that there are large animals
> that like to see how much damage they can do to vehicles. Add tasty plants
> by the roadside and brush that can mask their presence and you do add to
> the
> fun of driving in Maine.

This is exactly the same situation we face here in Australia, and having had
many "close encounters of the kangaroo kind", the latest yesterday which
cost me my trailer and its load, damage to the vehicle and a severe shake-up
to myself and passenger who are now both very lucky to be alive, I am
particularly sensitive to this issue.

As a beekeeper, and one who wishes to conserve as much natural forage as
possible, I can relate to this effort to improve those attributes by
utilising the space along transport corridors. However the consequences for
safety along those routes cannot be taken lightly.

 I wish you success in the effort to find a win-win situation, because we
need it here too!

PeterD
Western Australia
(where its cool and damp for a change)