From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:12:32 -0800
Hi Mike & All,

> breath isn't al;ways "bad"
> around bees.

My bees do not think I have bad breath but my wife would tell the bees different. Luckily she does not communicate with bees like I do.

I agree Mike. Yet another thing I have in common with a fellow beekeeper. I dropped the habit of using smoke on bees two seasons ago and simply use the carbon dioxide in my breath to gently manipulate the bees to do what I want them to do as needed, but most of the time no breath much less smoke is needed to work even my meanest bees. I do have some mean bees like any old beekeeper might have. I came to the conclusion to not use smoke because for several seasons prior I noticed my breath worked better than smoke for working bees, breath does not rile them as much as even the slightest of smoke. My smoker is now amongst other items now in my beekeeping museum collection to be handed down in antiquity.

I wonder how many useless beekeeping items there are in the world of beekeeping.

 . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA, http://www.cer.org/,
c(((([ , Apiarian, http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney/,