From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:48:39 EDT
> Subject:      Re: Formic Acid

To:b-liners

Formic acid is widely used as a preservative of silage. It is also
used in textile dyeing, leather tanning, coagulation of latex
rubber and electroplating and resin manufacturing. In addition, it is
widely used in synthesis of chemicals and pharmaceuticals. The
toxicology and occupational exposure hazards have been studied and
reported in the literature. The highest concentration of formic acid
was detected in silge making workers and there only few reported cases
of formic acid poisoning in the current literature.

Medhat Nasr, Ph.D.

Ontario beekeepers' Association,
c/o Dept. Evironmental Biology
University of Guelph,
Guelph, Ontario
Canada
N1G 2W1

 in textile dying> <snip> > > It is not a new chemical, or one with