From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:24:25 -0500
Bob Harrison Wrote:

"Glad I chose the Ozark remedy! have others on the list heard of using honey
to treat a recluse bite?"

Bob, although I am a classic skeptic, I give a lot of weight to someone’s
first hand experience.  A few years ago I had some kind of bite on my leg
that would not heal and the sore just kept getting worse.  I was living in
East San Diego County at the time and had traveled up to Espanola, New
Mexico to visit the Sikh community there.  They grow a lot of medicinal
herbs in greenhouses.  A young American Sikh doctor took a look at my leg
and I seem to remember him saying that it was probably a brown recluse
bite.  Anyway he told me to go to the greenhouses and get one of the
attendants there to give me some Plantain leaves.  That's a weed that grows
everywhere.  He told me to crush the leaves and rub them on the bite area.
I did this and the sore began to heal immediately and was gone in a very
short time.  I wouldn't hesitate to use honey on a wound to control the
bacteria, and ever since then I let the plantain weeds grow in my yard even
though we don't have any Brown Recluses up here in Western Washington.

Steve Noble