From:
Mark Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:49:17 +0200
I have served as a paramedic for 17 years and the route that seems to be folowed is quite wrong. I farm with as you guys call it the Africanised Honey Bee. It is extremly agressive and I make sure that I have the nessasaey equipment when ever I work with my bees. An epipen is a simple and user freindly way of administering Adrenilin. I am not saying dont use the epipen But rather start with anti-histermins  and then as a last resort use the epipen. The dosage of adrenilin to give varies acording to the wieght of the person, so using it on a baby or young child could kill them instead. Rather confer with a docter on the exact treatment as to the size and age of the person as to how much to use or not to use. Most fire dept. in the US (well ones that I have visited) seem open enought to offer first aid training in that field. We are all profesional Bee Farmers rather get good infomation from profesionals in the medical field.
I will go through my books and try and get the correct protocols for treating anaphylactic shock relating to bee stings, and post it the first chance my bees give me a chance.
Best regards
Mark Hale
From not so dark Africa.