From:
Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:07:30 -0400
Hi All,

Flow has slowed up here in South Eastern Ontario right now.  As I said on my previous post I'm sitting with 4 mediums on right now, 3 are almost full of a very nice light honey.  I'm watching the sweet clover grow.  I'm hoping it will be ready by the end of the month.  We can't seem to shake all this rain.  We are trying to get our new house finished but the water was running around it like a small river.  Luckily there is a good slope away from the house so it's not in the basement :)  The bees have been not in a good mood this year with all this cool wet weather. Since I had to move my bees, here in Ontario we are to notify our bee inspector to get a move permit for them.  This involves an inspection.   I've never had an inspection before but it was very interesting to watch him move through the hives.  I was able to ask specific questions which relate just to my operation and get his opinion.  It was a very enjoyable experience.  Anyway, I'm pleased to report that he did not find any evidence of anything wrong in the hives and I am now waiting for the report back for HBTM.

Kent Stienburg