From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 18:41:57 EST
Bill Frank wrote:
The dribble method is to slow, ...

To Bill et al:
We have been fortunate here in Canada to have had Oxalic acid approved  .
It simply works.
Two weeks ago a friend of mine had finished treating his hives with
Coumophos and wasn't satisfied with the results, so just after pulling the  strips and
before closing he used the trickle method . The next day the mite  fall
amazing.  The landing boards etc were covered with dead mites as if  one were to
have taken a pepper shaker with a course openings and given hit  several shakes.
I passed this by our Tech people -the research end of the OBA and our
provincial apiarist both suggesting resistance to Coumophos.
The same thing can happen with Apistan also.
In the spring the Pettis test will be run to verify the above.
By the way, if you prepare your  material /syringe etc. it doesn't  take that
long and really, the amount of wetness is insignificant.

Walter
Ontario