From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:57:02 -0700
>  Even though large dosages of copper have been demonstrated not to be
toxic to some animals, metallic elements (including copper) administered in
small doses have a tendency to accumulate and eventually become toxic to
those subjected to those small dosages.
>  I imagine, that it is possible that such small dosages will not have any
effect on honey bees because of their relative short life span...

I have wondered about this, too.  I wonder if Dr. Jerry B. has any info on
this.  I recall he did determine that fluorides build up in bees and have
deleterious effects over time.  How about copper?

Also we tend to lump all the ionic forms of trace metal nutrients together,
but copper metabolism in humans depends on the form in which it is
administered.  Although some copper is necessary in human diets, an excess
can reduce the amount of essential zinc in the body.

allen