From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:52:33 -0400
Lloyd Spear wrote:
> I also store my supers sticky.
Same here. No problems but we are in the North where it does get cold
and no bugs to deal with until spring. By the time they are bothersome,
the supers are on the hives.

I put them on an upside down cover and cap them with another so mice
cannot get in. Plus they were in a barn but now in a shed so enjoy below
freezing weather most of the winter.

In the barn some bees would come in to see what he odor was all about
but lost interest when they could not get into the supers.Absolutely no
problem in the shed.

A long time ago I would put them out for the bees to clean up, but my
neighbor called  and asked why all the bees were congregated at her door
and she could not get out. I learned that once they think there is
something out there, and there is nothing late in the fall, they start
looking and were attracted to her home. So I stopped the practice.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine