From:
Robert Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:39:09 +1300
Peter Borst wrote:
                > I worked in a beeswax factory for many years and I do not
believe that AFB spores could survive the high temperatures and filtration
that raw beeswax is subjected to prior to the manufacture of foundation.

        That may well be fair enough, for the factory Peter worked in.
But others may not heat the wax so long or so hot.

What I suggest is:

1  Published measurements of viable spores in wax after different
time-&-temp treatments.  (I seriously doubt any commercially-practical
filter could take them out; and anyhow if the heat has killed them, why
bother with such fine filtration?)

2  Standard protocols published to apply this knowledge to fndn mfg so as
to prevent spread of viable AFB spores in fndn.

        If all this is already in the archives, please forgive my
cyberretardation and please fetch it out for us.

-
Robt Mann
consultant ecologist
P O Box 28878   Remuera, Auckland 1005, New Zealand
                (9) 524 2949