From:
BEE-L moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:13:51 -0700
The following was edited by a moderator to remove quotes of the entire
previous articles.

We don't always take the time to do this, so please remember to check the
guidelines before posting, folks.
--

Bob Harrison wrote:
> Hello Dave & All,
>
> I suppose a beekeeping discussion list would work better if divided
> into the different categories of beekeeper. At our American
> Beekeeping Federation meetings we do break our workshops down this
> way. George I. of our list many times does the hobby.
> A noted queen breeder does the queen breeders and a commercial
> beekeeper does the sideline & commercial people.
etc...

Reply from: "Jim Armour"

It seems to me that segregating the various levels/styles of beekeeping
into different lists would end the cross pollination of ideas and
information that makes this list particularly informative, educational
and enjoyable. I have found, after several months of 'lurking', that the
information I've read here by all the many beekeepers that subscribe to
be some of the most interesting I have read anywhere. I think that is
because it is real time beekeeping. Books are excellent for reference
but nothing can compare with what is happening daily in the field with
all kinds of beekeepers in all kinds of places.
It has been nearly 20 years since my dad and I were in beekeeping. A lot
of changes have taken place as evidenced by all that I've read here and
when I get back in, hopefully next Spring, I will be a much better
beekeeper than I would have had this list not existed and been as
inclusive as it is. I want to read what the commercial, hobbyist and
sideline beekeeper is doing. I want to know about the research that is,
or not, being done. I don't want to miss anything and only by reading
what the 'big boys' and others are doing will I feel fully informed.

Thanks to all,

Jim Armour
West Tennessee