From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:01:41 EDT
On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:13:36 -0400 David Green <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>    Gary and I want to thank each of you who helped to encourage Gary
>by your generous gifts.  About 235 dollars was received and some bees
and
>brood were also given, so he has gotten close to $400 in aid.

Raise the $235.00 by $50.00 voted by the Plymouth County Beekeepers
Association, Massachusetts, USA....voted at last month's Association
Meeting, but only being mailed today. From a private message, I believe
that one other club was considering a donation.

Frankly, while I am certain that Gary is very appreciative of help
received from total strangers, I must say that I am dissapointed in
the level of support from some 700 BEE-Ler's. It made no difference to me
that this young man is from the United States. It certainly came nowhere
near the 50% participation figure (cited as a typical figure by David
Eyre in
Canada). Remember Gary started with $20,000 of stuff borrowed
from someone else. So, he surely isn't "making any $$"  on this
deal...as some of you I know had felt. Not to pat myself on the back, but
one other member and myself made an additional donation...$5.00 from
me and I do not know the amount from the other party. Another member is
also now mailing a private donation. So all you 'miserables' (to quote
David Eyre's earlier message)...think about how you would feel if
you had been in Gary's Bee Suit... :-) !

Well, there...I have said what "I feel" !

Al,

Al Needham--Scituate,MA,[log in to unmask]
Author Of "The HoneyBee"--An Educational Program
Check Out " The Amazing BeeCam " At:
http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine/