From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:41:25 -0700
Hi all

Yoon Sik Kim PhD wrote:
In the discussion, we assume that the strength of mites,
for example, remains or will remain as a constant, a factor
never evolving in the struggle for existence while we are
fuming with new-fangled treatments.

Reply:
Yes, this is true, many never take evolution into
consideration.

Yoon Sik Kim PhD also wrote:
Hence, the naïve view that once we slaughter this
particular beast of mites, we do not have to worry about
that sucker forever and ever.

Reply:
This is why various treatments of never ending dopes of
chemicals, drugs, acids, essential oils, FGMO will never
work over the long haul, for Nature compensates. There is
no way for man to slaughter this particular beast of mites,
the bees have to take care of the problem for the most
part.
Man must stop all encompassing macro management and learn
to micro manage.

Yoon Sik Kim PhD also wrote:
the trick remains we always stay one step ahead, but in the
process, we have helped and will further help to create,
however inadvertently, small-cell ineffective mites
[regressed mites],

Reply:
Exactly, and ineffective mites or mites reduced or
regressed back to a symbiotic relationship of peacefull
coexistance is all we can ever hope for. We can never get
rid of them, but if they do the bees no harm, then just let
them be!

Be Happy and go on enjoying beekeeping again.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby