From:
Neon Rosell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:41:39 -0800
Hello Paul and all,

I posted a query several days ago regarding “queen
stopped laying”.  I suspected the queen was affected
by the high temperature in the hive and adjusted the
hive configuration to increase ventilation.

After several days the queen was still acting the
same, trying to lay eggs, aborting halfway into the
process. So I thought she might have been damaged
irreparably and decided to just replace her.

When I located her and grabbed her by the wings a
yellowish fluid was extruded (squirted) from her vent.
It was not viscous and the amount was huge, about a
drop.

I placed her in a queen cage for more observations. I
noticed that her abdomen was somewhat dented on the
sixth segment. I was really careful not to grab here
along her abdomen.

Could this be an effect of the temperature or it is
some disease? Please, if anybody has experience with
this to reply ASAP so that I could do some remedial
actions incase it is a disease to prevent its spread
and reoccurrence.

Thank you,

Neon Resell II
Cainta, Rizal