From:
Lucinda Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:52:43 -0400
Hi all,

I'm a new beekeeper, hoping to eventually make a commercial venture of honey
farming
(if I ever get the hang of these bees)

Why is robbing such a problem? Assuming that an apairy has disease free,
relatively even stocks of similar parentage then the amount of robbery
should be fairly even, and the honey all get's swiped by one large hairless
bear in the end anyway!

 I close the entrances of small stocks to an inch or so and have to feed
them in the day.I have never observed any frenzied activity during or after
this, only the occasional bee getting chucked out of a hive that they're
unwelcome in.

My apologies if this is a stupid question. I see the point if section honey
is being zealously farmed.

Regards
John Sewell