Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:41:20 -0400
> I have seen the hives crashing coming out of orange , melons, pumpkins and
> along the edges of corn fields. The fact that Randy Oliver or Brian Ames
> feel there is enough research to eliminate the neonicotinoids as problems
> for bees does not change what I have seen first hand.

An observation but less than proof. My problem with all this starts with the
poster child who said it was all pesticides when he was told his bees were
overrun with Varroa and would die unless something was done. They died.

If it is any pesticide, then Jerry and all the other investigators who
sample the bees would have found the smoking gun fairly easily. Pesticides
are one of the easier things to find as they or their breakdown components
are persistent enough to still be around for some time. This is seen often
in many reports which are continually brought up here to condemn pesticide
use either by the beekeeper or others. It is just too easy to find them in
ppb, much less ppm.

But if it is so easy, why is there no evidence in the field that there is a
major problem? All those beekeepers who suspect it could send samples for
analysis and have a wonderful class action lawsuit. Easy.

I do not like pesticides of any kind, and especially the organophosphates as
they are too broad brush in their effect on the environment. It seems like
the industry is trying to get more targeted in their approach, which is good
and should be encouraged. Bayer is even working with beekeepers to make sure
bees are not a target when Imid is used correctly.

I would like to see those who have suffered such losses and blame Imid to do
something about it as far as testing and nail Bayer if they are correct.
Otherwise, it is a lazy man's way of blaming the universe for all that
happens to them. "It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness" so
light the **** candle.

My apologies to anyone offended by my use of **** but I'm really ****.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine