From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:37:36 -0600
Hello Joe & All,
 I read Phil's statement you posted (Iowa site). I have written over & over
that to be successful with the Russians you have to change management! Phil
did not!You get out of beekeeping what you put into it! Knowledge is power!

I know of several commercial beekeepers running several thousand Russian
hybrid hives with success but they have told me they had to change
management systems with the Russians. They feel the varroa & tracheal mite
tolerance is worth the management problems..

The name at the Iowa site is Gary Reynolds and not Gerry Reynolds. The  name
needs corrected! A grant for $30,000 brought Gary into the Russian program.
He has to give so many programs (six I think) about a bee he has never used
or at least had not when he gave the program at the Kansas honey producers
meeting. Gary is a knowledgeable beekeeper and will get up to speed on the
Russians. My partner & I spent about an hour over dinner at the meeting
sharing with Gary on the Russians and did a program myself on the Russians
at which Gary took notes.

Bob