From:
"GUILLAUME, Rene" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:50:41 +0200
Great all,

Following Barry Donovan, the average of these seven Varroas is 1.68mm, if we
take a Bee with size = 12mm, we can make comparison with a man at 1.70 m
with parasite dimension = 238 mm old on the back !!
Varroa is very biggest parasite in animals reign !!!

I don't think to change the dimensions of cells will be better because Api
Cerana is concerned also by Varroa in natural trees-hives (unspoiled colony)
but A.Cerana can clean there hives, however Api-Mellifera is currently
helplessness.
I think this problem will be resolved by Api-Mellifera but with some time.
In effect this is not same scale in génétic life racing (in accordance to
the low of Sir Darwin) between Varroa (about 12 generations in one year) and
Api-Mellifera (about 1 generation every 4 years). At this proportionality,
Varroa is very far away in front before all the Bees (Genetic variation is
about 48 times fastened to Varroa than Bee !!!!)
So I am sure that we are responsible about propagation around the world of
Varroa and him has really knew take profit of this new opportunity for own
development.
I don't agree for chemical response because wee see in short time but I'm
sure Apistan, Clartan etc... Are more poison for our Bee than Varroa (due to
capacity of quick genetic adaptation).

Please, excuse me if my English is not correct, but it is very good
discussion.

 Regards,

R. GUILLAUME   {;-o)>