From:
Ruth Rosin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:10:20 -0500
To Mike Stoops,

Think of a million and one qualitatively very complex things that humans can
do, and honeybees could never even come close, and you might realise that
you need to completely exclude almost everything that humans can do, when
you are dealing with honeybees.

There is no evidence, and, therefore, no reason to believe that any of the
very many different, and qualitatively very complex, means of communication
that are available to humans, are available to honeybees too.

No scientist would ever even begin to seriously consider the possibility
that honeybees might be able to communicate through "facial expressions",
and this is a fully correct approach to the study of honeybee-behavior.

There are more than enough well-controlled  experiments to conclude that
there has never been any valid evidence for the existence of the honeybee
DL. Instead, there has only been very strong experimental evidence, coming
from many different directions, against any possibility that honeybees use
distance & direction information, or that they even have the abilities
required to obtain such information, in the first place

Humans are, indeed, not a honeybee. Not only that, but they are  but you are
"the crown of evolution", with a qualitatively complex "psychic level" that
is higher than that of any other living organism. And I could not even begin
to explain here what the term "psychic level" means; except to say that it
roughly fits what we mean when we speak of "brains".

Sincerely,
Ruth Rosin ("Prickly pear")