From:
John Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:24:22 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/00 2:31:49 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< There's nothing quite like an entire hive covering your body with a deep
'hum'
going on. >>

   From your description, I want nothing to do with them either. Yet, the
beekeeping industry (and hobby, I gather) persists—and as Wenning reports, is
recovering—in Mexico. Central and South America seem to have robust
beekeeping industries too. I have a hard time reconciling the "facts on the
ground" in foreign countries with AHB, and the "inevitable" demise of
beekeeping within the United States.
   Perhaps the management practices for AHB will little resemble what is
conventional now.