From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:58:01 EDT
In a message dated 19/09/05 22:58:56 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<Breathing directly on a frame of bees seems to agitate them to  a lesser or
greater extent>>

    I sometimes use it as a way of moving bees around  on a frame; they just
move quietly away from the spot I've breathed on. On the  other hand, I've
heard that AHB will react defensively to breath. They don't  seem to like C02,
and the reaction you get may depend on the strain.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley
Birmingham  UK