From:
"Aaron B." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2012 01:54:12 -0400
One of the most interesting aspects of CCD is that it was often stated that robber bees and other insects wouldn't touch the stored honey of crashed hives. In my opinion, this is of great significance and cannot be explained away by those who claimed that CCD was never anything more than mites and nosema. I have never heard that the cause for this was ever identified, but it seems like it would be one of the most important pieces of the puzzle. Has this effect (non-robbing of post-CCD honey stores) ever been investigated or replicated, and if so what were the conclusions?

Aaron