From:
Reyah Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:50:46 -0400
Botulism spore is on and in just about everything..
it can not become active in an aerobic environment, needs  an-aerobic
environment to thrive.
There is a hydrogen peroxide (oxygen) type reaction when honey  comes in
contact with the mucosa... It not only makes no sense that honey can  cause
botulism, but there was NO solid concrete evidence that the cases  presented
(I believe 2) that it was actually the honey that caused the botulism
poisoning.

In a message dated 8/19/2012 9:27:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Don't get me wrong...clean is good, really clean is even better, but
there are  downsides for total sterilization....

Seems like I Dean and I disagree  on a lot of things. But not this. The
move to sterilize everything has had  many negative consequences for health and
aesthetics as well.

We are  huge fans of raw apple cider. NY State came in and mandated that
apple cider  be pasteurized. What a joke! It ruins it, of course. Neither
honey nor apple  cider need to be pasteurized. These are raw agricultural
products and should  be classed as such, not slipped into the same category as
milk or meat. The  level of sanitation required should fit the product, not the
notions of  misinformed government regulators.

Pete

LISTSERV(R) list management software.   For more information, go  to:

Guidelines for  posting to BEE-L can be found  at: