From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:31:52 -0400
I heard that one beekeeper reported CCD in Connecticut, so it has been
labeled a CCD state. If that is all it takes to make the grade, then we
here in Maine would like to join the group so I now shift my one colony
from TM to CCD. We in Maine never want to be left out.

As the Union goes, so goes Maine.

I wonder how many CCD colonies have been found in the US?

Is there just one in each CCD state? The news tells me that there should
be 70% on the East Coast so how come we have none in Maine and only one
in Connecticut? So does one beekeeper have 70% of the bees in the state?
Some states have no reports. So it must be that an even higher
percentage were lost in the South. But there does not seem to be a
shortage of pollinators for Maine blueberries. But it is the large
operations that were hit hardest. But some of the large operations who
reported CCD were found to have high mite counts before CCD (by
inspectors- the beekeeper did not think so). Very puzzling.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine