From:
Phil Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:18:20 -0000
Peter wrote
- they all came pouring out, hell-bent on attack;
> smoke seemed to have little effect.  The apiary is usually quite docile,
> so

> Anyone else in the UK had similar experiences?

Very similar to you, I have some pure Carnica as well as crosses and
apiaries with local poss Amm type, most have had the same reaction late in
the season especially when putting in entrance blocks (late, in anticipation
of wasp attacks.. none came). All the colonies were of reasonable temper
during the summer.

The bees were flying on Ivy but putting little weight on, some seemed to be
loosing weight the more they were flying.

Regards Phil Moore