From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 06:55:00 -0800
 As beekeepers we all know what to do about varroa.
> So when the virus hits, then what?
> What do you do about the virus and keeping it from spreading or is it too
> late

Hi Walter
You may wish to refer to my "Strategy" article in the recent ABJ.  I discuss
this paper: Sumpter, D. J. T. & Martin, S. J. (2004) The dynamics of virus
epidemics in Varroa-infested honey bee colonies. Journal of Animal Ecology
73:51-63 www.lasi.group.shef.ac.uk/pdf/Martin%2064.pdf
You can draw your own conclusions.
Randy Oliver

-