From:
huestis' <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:21:13 -0700
Hi Bob,

> Could capensis genes explain some of Dees success? I believe it could.

Last I heard from Dee was that her bees were similar to caucasian bees , but
not a complete match.  Dee's bees crashed on larger cell sizing just like
the rest of us. The Lusby's then brought the cell size down twice.  Mostly
survival of the fittest. As for capensis, AHB, anything else:
as I said before USDA is across town.  I'm sure someone there can test for
race?  Why don't they?  Even out of personal interest? Are they afraid what
they might find?

Clay